Better self. Better team. Better business.
Who we are as a person and as a leader is the critical foundation to creating a lasting impact. When we reflect and know ourselves at our core, we create a context that’s clear for everyone, and everything changes. Better business and better teams start with better self.
Better Starts with Who
TEDx Wassenaar, September 10th, 2020
We live in a world full of disruption and change. A world that makes it easy to be distracted and forget about our dreams. A world where days can go by without hardly noticing. In this TED talk, I take you on a journey through the desert of change. A desert where it’s easy to get lost if we don’t pay attention to our own reflections, values, and dreams. To make the best of our lives, we need to start with ourselves. Better starts with who.
What my clients are saying
Erikjan understands leaders and teams. He “hears” the unsaid and reads between the lines. He knows what it takes to get the best out of individuals and teams. He pushes towards high performance. His experience in operations and HR makes him a great partner.
Desire JansenBuilding Materials Europe
My collaboration with Erikjan has been great. I especially appreciated his ability to listen and then suggest simple and practical solutions.
Erikjan leveraged the learning from his rich career without sounding patronizing.
Michal VajskebrSpenglerFox Group
When I look back at my cooperation with Erik, it always brings a smile to my face.
He is a natural leader who inspired me every time we met. He always knows the right question to ask. Our meetings were effective and enjoyable at the same time.
Eva CyprováZatisi Group
Read my blog
I write about work and life on a daily basis and publish weekly on my site and through my newsletter. Get my stories, insights, and links to stuff I read and learn from sent to your inbox every Tuesday and receive my “Better Starts with Who” challenge.
- The merciless difference between intention and impact? Your social context.Most of us have all the best intentions. But there’s a big difference between having the best intentions and the impact we have on our social environment. We need to be aware of our context.
- How to make change work for youContinuous change implies continuous learning. Instead of trying to follow the pace, you need to find ways to set the pace. Here’s how.
- Why don’t we learn?We’re entering a second wave of increased Covid-19 cases. And it seems like we haven’t learned much from the first wave.
- Leave your Comfort ZoneWhen was the last time you left your comfort zone? When was the last time you did something that scared you? Why did you do it? What did you learn?
- Less is MoreMost of us know (if only deep inside) that less provides more focus, clarity, and energy. So why don’t we do more of less? Because we’re terrible at letting go.
- Show upYou can’t be successful without showing up. But the way you do it makes all the difference.